On behalf of the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) and the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ), Drive Clean Across Texas (DCAT) would like to thank the following individuals and organizations for their thoroughly and thoughtfully produced educational material.
DCAT personnel searched the nation's wealth of air quality education material and selected a number of high quality units and lessons to use in the creation of the DCAT curriculum. As a campaign funded by TxDOT, TCEQ, and the Federal Highway Administration, we searched for material relevant to transportation-related air quality. Many of these lessons are presented as they were originally conceived. However, in an effort to localize the air quality curriculum to Texas and to better fit the lessons to DCAT campaign messages, some changes have been made. We invite you to visit the websites listed below for original content. The individuals and organizations below have also been credited within the lessons where appropriate.
- Texas Department of Transportation
"'TEX and DOT' program"
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
Lesson Plans from TCEQ's Teaching Environmental Sciences (TES)
- City of Ft. Worth
City of Fort Worth, Environmental Management Program. Haley Summerford, Education Specialist, City of Fort Worth
"Andy Airedale Program"
- Northeast Sustainable Energy Association (NESEA)
- California Air Resources Board
- United States Environmental Protection Agency, New England Regional Office
"Project A.I.R.E." (Air Information Resources for Educators)
- The Junior League of Denver with technical assistance provided by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, Air Pollution Control Division
"Better Air - You Hold The Key" (school outreach program)
- The Earth Works Group, Berkeley, CA, 1989
"50 Simple Things You Can Do to Save the Earth"
- Patricia Lee Henry, Texas Southern University Houston TES Course, 1995
Integrated Thematic Units. 1992, Scholastic, Inc.
- Clarice Toler, Stephen F. Austin University Nacogdoches TES Course, 1994
- Dr. Milton Payne's Outdoor Education Class. Spring 1994. Dr. Milton Payne, Department of Elementary Education, Stephen F. Austin State University, P.O. Box 13017, Nacogdoches, TX 75962.
- Lois Myers and Kelly West, Stephen F. Austin State University, TES Course 1995
- Teresa Ayala, University of Texas at El Paso TES Course, 1995